ADS from NUFFNANG

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Before I start posting, you'd better read this.

Good day.

This is a test page for my first actual blog: RandOM Access. It's about what's going on in the mind of a twenty-something guy named Oliver Manlulu.

Before I talk about what to expect from this blog, let me share you what NOT to expect from this blog.
  • Shallow political stuff in the lines of " Resign [Politician A]" or "[Politician B] for [Position]". I'm like: ENOUGH ALREADY!! 
  • Too much teenybopper material and not enough real subjects like current economical issues. Hey, I like frivolous stuff too but this blog is more than that!
  • Anything with gratuitous adult content. Naturally.
  • Personal issues I have no intention of sharing.

Now onto what I am going to write about and the GENERAL CATEGORIES I'll be implementing. I also have some suggested e-mail headers in case you want to directly e-mail me about what's happening right now.
  • MY LIFESTYLE: Info about (a) what a provincial dude like moi is thinking about living the life in the city for work and how I'm actually doing it, and (b) what a provincial dude like moi does in his home province. A little self-absorbed, but these serve as my introductory posts for a better insight about me. I heavily encourage blog suggestions based on the next stuff in the list. :)
  • RANDOM WEB FIND: A little peek into what blog or website I'm checking out right now which are highly related to what my wholesome hobbies/current activities are.
  • CREATIVE WAREHOUSE: Similar to Random Web Find, but this one deals more with image- and video-editing software I'm using right now.
  • FILM REVIEW: A mostly general and little personal insight into a film (short, full-length) I just watched. Being a production assistant to an indie film director really works wonders in any additional area related to film. I have certain creative issues with local mainstream movies and ergo I want something different. I'm starting with short films from a wonderful indie film director I know and his name is Ron Sapinoso, but if you know of a new film I should watch I encourage you to e-mail me about that with the subject "FILM DISCUSSION ABOUT [film title]".
  • BOOK JOURNEY: Now I'm not one to review books, but I do want to talk about what I think of a book (characterization, word style) on a per-chapter basis. I once had a bad habit of jumping to pages because: (a) no one has to know that I hadn't read the entire book if I mention what's in the last ten pages or so, (b) I'm plain forgetful, and (c) I couldn't take the next few ones which contain stuff I find too hard to swallow. I'm starting with my personal favorites that I and my immediate family already own, but feel free to drop suggestions with the subject "BOOK SUGGESTION: [book title]".
  • NEW TALENT: Info and news about young local talent I'm lucky enough to interact with. Now, being a production assistant to an indie film director isn't as rewarding as I want it to be in the sense that I do most of my work online and I'm not interacting with the new talents as much as I should, but when my indie company has a new talent one is morally bound to WANT to talk about this new talent. And I don't have to be a showbiz writer just to talk about new talent! Do note that for now I can only talk about a fresh face when I witness his/her talent first-hand at least once. Word-of-mouth is useful for preliminary info but it's not as fulfilling as actually getting a one-on-one with the person, particularly during an event. Speaking of which...
  • GS (GENERAL SHOWBIZ) DISH: A general view of when I see something worth talking about in the world of Philippine showbiz. No bad presses. No hollow bashing (I'm not into defaming people via the web). Just a better in-depth view about glitzy matters.
  • LISTENER'S THOUGHTS: What I think of a random new song I pick up while mindlessly browsing YouTube or Dailymotion mostly for Japanese Pop Music, albeit I'd pick up an OPM song assuming there's a good one---and by good I mean sensible-good. If there's a new MV out there you want me to check out, just leave me a comment! :)
  • ANI-STUFF: Random thoughts about whatever anime I'm watching. If I can burn through five episodes in one day, I just surprised myself.
  • ROAMING TRAVEL: Places I've explored for the first time with the pics and the info to go with them. This really means a lot to a previous homebody like yours truly. This also includes my travel wishlist. (Traveling Goals!)
  • FOOD JUNKIE: Whatever I ordered in a restaurant I've been into for the first time; this applies to both newly-opened jaunts and any place I'm entering for the first time. I also include my take on reader-suggested places and/or dishes. You know a place is worth checking out when I'm posting more than one dish from the same joint.
  • CA (CURRENT AFFAIRS) VIEW:  My more deep-seated views about the current state of affairs going around the Philippines or anywhere in the world where there's a political issue worth talking about. Naturally there's gonna be a lot of linking to news sites, videos, and other opinion columns from the most-credible news personalities out there. See, you can love anime and J-Pop and still be mature and talk about what countries suffering with brain drain (to various degrees, every country) is in DIRE need of.
  • SIGNS FROM ABOVE: It's hard to believe I would include various clips about strange phenomena going around the world and warning signs are appearing more frequently. But here's the thing: the main goal is to give people awareness on whatever issues staring right at our faces and inspire you to read up on the Bible and become better persons. If there's a way that I don't have to present this in a gloom-and-doom manner, I will do it. Yes, most of the videos under this category are grim and scary, but expect me to snap you away from the incoming fear. Besides, if you're living in constant fear then it's gonna be hard to help others with love.

And that's what this blog is all about.

Before I end things for today, do know that more new content will arise as I'm coming up with more of my passions and opinions about current issues, while at the same time gearing up for more possible opportunities coming my way. I'm also looking for other bloggers who share at least one of the same interests as I do. Also, I'm thinking of writing an action-comedy story about a team of magical boys saving the world from evil in this blog, but that's another matter (translating said story to Wattpad is an entirely third matter). Blame it on Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! (Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) in a good way.

That's all for my test post! Keep tuning in this blog for more RandOM Access!

No comments:

Post a Comment