ADS from NUFFNANG

Friday, August 21, 2015

My Sunset after the Rain

It's been almost one month since I started RandOM Access. In late July, I went to Makati to stay at my sister's place while looking for a job. As part of training I started this blog, and then something awesome happened in less than a month.

In most J-Music blogs fans rant/rave about the latest music video of their fave J-Idol Group. Some of the usual rants include "I wish this oshi gets more screen time" and "How did this girl get more lines?" and the line-up change specials in the lines of "Waaa this is her last single!" and "Why'd they put too much focus on her?". And I'm proud to tell you that this blog... IS NOT ONE OF THEM. This post isn't even about my fave idol group. (Personally, I'd leave the job to the more seasoned wota.)

But enough about that. I wish to impart to you a song that's making sense to me right now. "Yuugure wa Ame Agari (The Sunset after the Rain)" by Morning Musume 15.



While the English translation isn't as 100% accurate, when you read the translation closely it does provide a picture of what I'm feeling right now, something everyone goes through at some point.


Living a New Lifestyle in a New City

Although I wasn't averse to living on my own, I had very little ideas on how to get there. That is until a friend of mine dreaming to be an indie film director asked me if I wanna help him out as a production assistant in 2013. It gave me a good start, as I generally went out of town when there's work to be done and I'm needed there. I'd like to add emphasis to the phrase "when there's work to be done and I'm needed there." But along the way, I had a few social-interaction-troubles that singled me out. Although the general environment of my old team is great, I often felt---and saw---that I'm not part of half of anyone's good books unless I ditch everything about me, even the good stuff that got me with them in the first place.

Eventually, my sister offered me free work training in terms of social media promotions, helping her out at an online travel agency. This is one of the best things that I took a chance on. Not only did I get training to do new online activity, I also ended up learning that it's better to make a few blog posts about doing something you want to do and talk about who or what interests you the most rather than making weekly write-ups about stuff that you yourself do not really love (I am never averse to doing write-ups of stuff I don't have full knowledge of; I just prefer being able to pick what jobs to take on).

As I'm developing ideas for the blog, I learned that it's completely okay to blog about somewhat-whimsical stuff while also including some short opinion columns about news-related events. After all, when it's about a single-owned blog, remember it's your blog and you can choose what to put in it, provided it's not detrimental to moral values, degrading to any entity, or cheap.

August 17, 2015

That was the date I went on another job interview. Since my initial interview on that site happened pretty late, I was endorsed to another branch of the same company the next day. From there I went through the entire process needed for the job interview, with my final interview at the company's branch nearest my current residence. After that I wasn't expecting to pass until I was told to wait in the lobby again, if only to await an over-all response...

And then I was informed to complete requirements for the week before I officially start work training.

As the hours went by, true enough, I was working towards a real job. I'm glad to say the whole requirement-furnishing is working out for me. For a while I thought it'd take long, but it took way faster than expected.

RandOM Access and the New Work Life

Don't worry. You'll still see me in this blog every so often, albeit the weekend day-outs, events and PR write-ups will take a while. I'm going to be busy getting the hang of my first real job before writing about those. Also, with a new job I'm getting a new income source to finance my blogging operations. Right after computing for contributions and spending for necessities.

Anyway, it's enough life-ranting for now. Just hearing "Yuugure wa Ame Agari" is what it took for me to post personal issues like this.

Keep yourself updated with RandOM Access!


No comments:

Post a Comment