ADS from NUFFNANG

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I called Albie Casiño "too handsome to function" on Instagram once. He replied. It was awesome.

Part of the reason why I got into Instagram (IG) is to keep tabs on my fave celebrities. Based on the title alone, this one is going to be all about Albie Casiño. Since I now have a blog I'm actually using, I'm going to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my Instagram for you to follow.

After shamelessly plugging my own IG, I would like to take the time to shamelessly plug Albie's Instagram right here:
https://instagram.com/thestallion09/

There's quite some a lot of IG-screenshot pic-spam of Albie up ahead. I tried embedding them directly but I'm having display problems for some reason. I'll just edit this when those display problems are okay.


A photo posted by Albie Casiño (@thestallion09) on

Okay, onto the subject. I fell in like with Albie when he first appeared in Gimik 2010. Then came Mara Clara and while I didn't get to watch it that much (particularly since I found watching that remake pointless at the time), I loved him as Christian Torralba. Surprisingly I'm not too supportive of his loveteam with Kathryn Bernardo; and I see Albie as one of the TV guys I find so appealing I think he should stand on his own and that no girl will ever be good enough to be his on-screen partner. (Mwahahahahaha.... *cough cough* *seizure and choking hazard!* Excuse me, I'd better go to the hospital.)

Being a guy who would rarely watch TV nowadays due to school and other more enjoyable pastimes, so when he got set up in controversies led him to leaving ABS-CBN, I was gutted, primarily because there was nothing fair about what happened to him in the first place. But I couldn't stop obsessing about whether he'll be okay... I couldn't even stop believing he'll come back, even after confirming in 2012 that he needed to leave Star Magic... And then I see him in a news report on TV5.

Is Albie now an official part of TV5? The answer is a HUGE NO, at least according to a lot of his Pep.ph interviews. The guy mentioned he wishes to complete his studies at College of Saint Benilde, so I took his word for it with a grain of salt and some Magic Sarap granules. But after his 2014 guesting on Gandang Gabi Vice for his movie Somebody to Love (which I still deal with a Shame Attack resulting from not getting to watch it), and that he is in touch with some of his friends from ABS-CBN, I can safely say that Albie just went the non-exclusive road and did not sign a contract with any network following the scandals leading to his Shame Attack. (Side note: Thank goodness. I swear to you I will not be really merciful to the personalites involved in the snafus he was unfortunately dragged into.)


Image courtesy of Starmometer
Back then my heart sunk... at first. Image courtesy of Starmometer.




In his first project in TV5, Albie was a seminarian (who chose to be a priest over his feelings for the lead) in Cassandra: Warrior Angel. (Nice choice, dude. I'm totally supporting your vocation as a priest!) Although there were scenes depicting his struggle to be an up-righteous altar boy, I didn't get to watch the whole series, probably why I tweeted this:



 
I find Albie's acting so convincing I hated Jack SO MUCH until this show's finale. Image courtesy of Wikipedia.


In around April-May 2014, I was able to watch Albie again in some episodes of Confessions of a Torpe, this time as the antagonizing jerkface jock Jack. Because I found his portrayal very convincing (granted, he is a former Star Magic actor) I actually tweeted this:


Alright, I'm gonna beat Jasmine's record of five hot guys. No stripshow necessary. Image courtesy of Random Republika

In 2015, I was able to catch Albie in his last project with TV5 entitle Wattpad Presents: A House Full of Hunks. In that week my airtime opponent was whatever heavy teleserye ABS-CBN aired which lasted 9:00 P.M. I was able to watch Albie again for the most part as the playboy-slash-scholar Nathan. (No one bothered showing clips of Nathan flirting with other girls.) You should've seen me when I watched the finale of this episode that Friday and that Sunday midnight marathon. (Good choice, Jasmine!)

The image below is when Albie did a photoshoot for ALFA-1, a line of grooming products by Personal Collection. I was able to get an early view of the pic, so I commented what I really felt during that time (which is not much different from what I feel about him as a TV actor in general)


Thanks to Albie I couldn't imagine changing my IG username anymore.
For the actual specific text...


For the 100+ times I spent lurking, flood-liking, and commenting on his IG, it only took one comment-back for me to go DOK-KAAAAAAAAAAN!!! After getting that notification, I replied with two (!) comments deemed huge-ass by IG standards, and days after I posted his reply on my IG. Who cares if no one else knows? (Well, sometimes it’s a good thing when no one pays attention to your posts.) Albie replied to a comment I made and I was STOKED! (Side note: Because her comment immediately followed mine, I wonder what Albie's mom thinks?)

Promo shoot. Need I say more?

The prosthetics team did this so well, it reminded me when I got hit by a motorcycle and came out alive.

A long day for him; a long DOK-KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~NNN!!!!!!!! for me

Around June, I saw these Instagram posts detailing that Albie replaced Arjo Atayde for the upcoming JaDine (James Reid + Nadine Lustre) TV series by ABS-CBN. I thought, is this for real? I'll get to see Albie again on ABS-CBN? Seeing his more recent BTS posts and this brand new ABS-CBNNews article that made me post this to the public for the first time I'm gonna check On the Wings of Love and see how real this can get. (Side note: Just recently got the full trailer.)






(Another side note: I love ABS-CBN, but I'll be the first to say they REALLY NEED to have newer story concepts, not just new approaches to overused teleserye concepts. Right now I'm pitching for a new post about why I don't enjoy Filipino teleseryes like the regular person.)

 

Before I close this post, let me illustrate Albie's comeback route with ANGERME's Gashin Shoutan, a happy, catchy, dance-able (GIVE US THE DANCE SHOT ALREADY!) tune about not giving up during extreme hardships. It has hard-but-so-true words, and the fun and bright melody is a HUGE welcome break from the dramatic, poignant notes already used in other revenge-themed songs.


I may end up posting a LOT of stuff about Albie after this. To translate what the Pabebe Girls said in English I quote: "NO ONE CAN STOP ME IF. IF YOU WANNA BLOG ABOUT ALBIE, MAKE YOUR OWN BLOG POSTS"! MWAHAHA... Whoops, I just came from the hospital due to a seizure from my last evil laugh.

Until next time! Tune in for more RandOM Access!

No comments:

Post a Comment